More than just an elegant choice, interior Plantation Shutters by Country tick a lot of boxes when it comes to practicality, too.
Difficult windows? Timber Plantation Shutters are often the perfect solution. Their design also shines when you want an effective way to keep light out. There’s no substitute for their clean, virtually flush look – no visible mechanisms, no cords, rods or clutter.
Our quality timber slats are treated to the finest paint finish (as many as five coats in total with sanding in between each coat) and exude simple elegance. A lifetime investment in window furnishings.
The Pinnacle is our most prestigious plantation shutter. Composed of solid Basswood timber that is 100% organically grown explicitly for plantation shutter production.
Basswood is a hardwood that is ideal for Australia’s climate, providing a strong reliable finish that doesn’t warp, twist or buckle. Many timber shutters are sold as ‘solid’ timber, when they are only veneer (a thin layer of timber surrounding fibre board or other composites). The Pinnacle plantation shutter is capable of spanning widths up to 1100mm (1.1m). Most competitors require two panels to span this width.
The Pinnacle is 2-pack polyurethane painted, for easy maintenance and durability, and can be custom painted to suit any decor as a result.
The Drift shutter is a unique take on the plantation shutter as we know it. Inspired by driftwood similar to what we would find washed up on a beach; it has a texture that makes it stand out from the range. The drift shutter is manufactured using 100% Paulownia (Pol-on-ia) which is a hardwood which has been used in surfboard manufacturing for many years. Proven to have amazing resistance to the Australian environments, it is stable and strong above all. The Drift shutter comes in a range of colours, stains and washes. It can be used as a background or a feature piece to add contrast.
Peace of mind is an extended 5-year warranty as standard provided by people who design, manufacture and install the products they sell for over 30 years. Every product carries Country’s exclusive 5-year warranty and so, if you ever have an issue, resolving it is as easy as calling us on 1300 303 299.
Country is a growing South Australian family-owned and run business since 1987. Through the decades, in every aspect of our service we hold quality and workmanship above all.
We deliver quality, custom made window furnishings that function properly and enhance the look of the home and business. Put simply, if it is Country made, its made to last.
There is no substitute for seeing fabrics, material samples, colours and working displays in your own home; therefore we bring our showrooms to you. Our professional consultants are full-time, fully trained designers who know our range and capabilities inside-out.
If you would like one of our designers and mobile showroom to visit your home for a free, no obligation measure & quote, call 1300 303 299 or CLICK HERE . Or visit one of our display showrooms at Unley or Mt Barker.
• Ideal for bay windows and corner windows as they fit in neatly.
• Designed to be suite contemporary homes, we can also make them suit the most traditional of homes too.
• Certified Basswood plantation timber, so you know you aren’t using unsustainable forests
• Our painted timber shutters are finished in a quality 2-pack polyurethane paint for a flawless finish and is 100% Poplar timber (an even-grained timber measuring 540 on the Janka hardness scale). We do not supply inferior thin Basswood veneer (30%), and when comparing quotes always confirm a that your shutter is 100% Basswood timber.
• Hand selected timber, ensuring you aren’t going to get timber with knots, odd grains and other imperfections.
• Timber provides a brilliant thermal protection, great for reflecting heat in summer sun. It will also retain heat providing a great barrier in the winter months.
• With over 20 Colours and stains there is no doubt we will have an option for you.
• Single blade span up to 1100mm (1.1m), whereas most competitors require two blades.
• Clear view rotation bar (no blade required in the middle).
• Different operations, from standard hinge, bifold though to sliding
• Subframes in a range of different designs to provide ideal protection around the shutter designed to reduce light from coming in .
• 5 year warranty on all Plantation Shutters